The Album - New Orleans
There is nothing like the music of New Orleans. It is a wholly unique, worldwide collaboration that has resulted in an exceptional musical genre never before heard. This film will give the viewer an insightful historical perspective of how global influences shaped, and continue to shape, a musical quilt that formed the music of this extraordinary city. Influences came from many places: Cuba, South America, Africa, Europe, Canada, America. All contributed to the blending and shaping of a musical genre that is rich in culture and heritage. We, as Americans, are the conservators of this unique cultural phenomenon.
The film will highlight 20 to 25 new songs, combining multiple generations of New Orleans musicians. Legacy musicians will collaborate with stars of today and students from the Tipitina’s foundation, under the guidance and tutelage of Donald Harrison.
1. Bobby “Blue” Bland featuring Yo Gotti – “Ain’t No Sunshine”
2. Mavis Staples with North Mississippi All-Stars – “Wish I Had Answered”
3. Bar Kays featuring 8Ball and MJG – “Be Like Me”
4. Bobby Rush* featuring Frayser Boy – “Push and Pull”
5. Booker T. with North Mississippi All-Stars featuring Al Kapone – “Supposed to Be”
6. Otis Clay* featuring P-Nut – “Trying to Live My Life Without You”
7. Mavis Staples with North Mississippi All-Stars – “I’ve Been Buked”
8. William Bell with Stax Music Academy featuring Snoop Dogg – “I Forgot to Be Your Lover”
9. Charlie Musselwhite with the City Champs – “If I Should Have Bad Luck”
10. William Bell with Stax Music Academy – “Knock On Wood”
11. Bobby Rush* featuring Frayser Boy – “Henpecked”
12. Terrence Howard with Hi Rhythm Section – “Walk Away”
* also with Hi Rhythm Section