We are pleased to provide educational supplements and lesson plans based on the important historical events and themes explored in the film. Our lesson plans and supplements include:
- The Curriculum Guide For Social Studies by Ellen Livingston, Ed.D. This curriculum is designed as a starting point for classroom investigations of the film’s central ideas, and provides three detailed, in-depth lessons, each focusing on a specific theme. Lessons employ a variety of teaching strategies based on constructivist, student-centered learning models.
- Berklee City Music Teacher’s Guide. Created in collaboration with Dr. Dru Davison, Fine Arts Advisor for Shelby County Schools in Memphis, TN, Berklee City Music is pleased to offer this comprehensive Teacher’s Guide. The Guide includes two instructional activities tied to established learning standards, plus lesson plans for a year-long exercise in music composition, marketing, and performance.
- Sheet music for “Wish I Had Answered,” arranged for youth gospel choir, soloist, and rhythm section by George Russell, Jr. and Renese King, commissioned by Berklee College of Music.
- Pre- and Post-Viewing activities created for both music and social studies classes.
- Stream the film for your class – click here to sign up and receive a code to view the film.